We Need You
We always appreciate volunteers and need
- weekday construction workers (Tuesday – Friday, 7 am to 11 am and 12 pm to 3 pm)
- Habitat ReStore workers (Monday – Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 5 pm)
- on-call deconstruction volunteers to help on one-day projects with only a few days’ notice, as well as
- volunteers in the office and on committees.
If you would like to become involved in any aspect of volunteering, please contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com or 843.768.0998, ext. 116.
We welcome local and out-of-town individuals and groups, both skilled and unskilled. If you are an out of town group, please check these guidelines.
You must be at least 16 years old and we recommend one adult supervisor for each 3 volunteers between 16 and 17.
Before coming to a job site, please
- contact our volunteer coordinator,
- sign a Release and Waiver of Liability to bring on your first day of volunteering, and
- complete our online safety assessment and bring the certificate of completion.
If you are a skilled construction worker (trim carpenter, electrician, block layer, plumber, or other construction skills) and have time for some pro-bono work, you can be a tremendous blessing to our affiliate. Please contact our volunteer coordinator to find out when our homes will be at the right stage for your work.
Proceeds from sales at our ReStore on Johns Island fund approximately 5 homes each year, so volunteer help here is very important. We always need people to help sort merchandise, price items for sale, answer the telephone, run the cash register, and help out in the office. Check our list of typical jobs.
We welcome help in our office at 2545 Bohicket Road, including mailings, inputting data, working on fundraising, assisting families with financial planning, answering phones, writing letters, and taking photographs.
This is the behind-the-scenes work, without which no Habitat homes could be built. Committees include:
- Fundraising & Development
- Golf Benefit
- Women Build
- Family Selection
- Land Planning & Development
Our volunteer coordinator can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843.768.0998, ext. 116.