We Need You!
We always appreciate volunteers and need
- weekday construction workers (Tuesday – Saturday, 7 am to 11 am and 12 pm to 3 pm)
- Habitat ReStore workers (Monday – Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 5 pm)
- on-call deconstruction volunteers to help on one-day projects with only a few days’ notice, as well as
- volunteers in the office and on committees.
We are building five homes at once and seek 6 to 8 individuals to form a volunteer team. The team will report to our construction site(s) once every 4 weeks, on a pre-determined day, to work on special tasks.
We welcome volunteers at all skill levels and will train you on construction assignments so that you’ll become proficient very quickly. All work will be done under supervision of our on-staff construction team.
Are you interested in a team-building activity for your employees? Do you have a motivated group of friends or church members who want to make a difference? We welcome groups year-round on our work sites on Tuesday through Saturday. Click here for more info. Keep in mind, the volunteer calendar can fill up months in advance, so book your group early. To begin the scheduling process, please email our Volunteer Coordinator or call 843.768.0998 ext. 116.
You must be at least 16 years old and we recommend one adult supervisor for each 3 volunteers between 16 and 17.
Before coming to a job site, please
- contact our volunteer coordinator,
- sign a release and waiver of liability to bring on your first day of volunteering, and
- complete our online safety assessment and bring the certificate of completion.
If you are a skilled construction worker (trim carpenter, electrician, block layer, plumber, or other construction skills) and have time for some pro-bono work, you can be a tremendous blessing to our affiliate. Please contact our volunteer coordinator to find out when our homes will be at the right stage for your work.
Proceeds from sales at our ReStore on Johns Island fund approximately 5 homes each year, so volunteer help here is very important. We always need people to help sort merchandise, price items for sale, answer the telephone, run the cash register, and help out in the office. Check our list of typical jobs.
We welcome help in our office at 2545 Bohicket Road, including mailings, inputting data, working on fundraising, assisting families with financial planning, answering phones, writing letters, and taking photographs.
This is the behind-the-scenes work, without which no Habitat homes could be built. Committees include:
- Golf Benefit
- Women Build
- Family Selection Services
- Land Planning & Development
Our volunteer coordinator can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, 843.768.0998, ext. 116 or 843.442.8827 You may also fill out this form indicating your interest and we will get back to you.