The American dream, you can afford it
Do you want to make the American Dream of homeownership come true for you and your family? Sea Island Habitat can help. We are looking for qualified partner families whose income falls within the HUD guidelines, who maintain a credit score of 600 or above, and who are willing to invest 300 to 400 hours of sweat equity.
Basic requirements for a house from Habitat
- South Carolina driver’s licence or photo ID
- Job stability – minimum 1 ½ yrs in current employment
- Most recent tax return – for applicant and co-applicant
- Paycheck stubs, SSI statements (last four months)
- Within Charleston County income limits established by HUD
- Rental history – no late payments
- Credit report history – minimum 600 credit score
- Checking account – 3 months of statements
- Savings account – 3 months of statements
- Ties to the area where you are applying – family, job, etc.
- No criminal record – individuals with drug possession/distribution & sexual abuse convictions will be disqualified
Sea Island Habitat for Humanity
Attn: Family Services
2545 Bohicket Road
Johns Island, SC 29455
Look inside one of our recent homes
We put this video together to thank the generous people who have contributed to making it possible.